[R] reading text files directly into program from net

Nick Wray n|ckmwr@y @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Sep 25 10:53:39 CEST 2022

Hello   I am working with daily rainfall data for the UK from 1915 onwards
from the Met Office.  The data is on this site:

https://data.ceda.ac.uk/badc/ukmo-midas-open/data/uk-daily-rain-obs/dataset-version-201901

There are many files for the different counties.  For example there are
seven station files for Berwickshire in this site:

https://data.ceda.ac.uk/badc/ukmo-midas-open/data/uk-daily-rain-obs/dataset-version-201901/berwickshire

The first station in this dataset
 has the name  00265_mertoun
<https://data.ceda.ac.uk/badc/ukmo-midas-open/data/uk-daily-rain-obs/dataset-version-201901/berwickshire/00265_mertoun>
which
is a code and location name, again for example, and inside is a text file

It's easy but time-consuming to download the files one by one - I am sure
that it is possible to read them directly into an R program but whatever
coding or path I try to use I get an error.  I can't find an example online
which I can tweak to allow me to do this.

can anyone help?  Thanks Nick Wray

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]