[R] apply to row and column of matrix

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Mon Sep 26 17:46:51 CEST 2022

Bert provided an excellent answer to your question.
FYI here is a different approach to do the calculation.
It uses data.frame rather than matrix. A data frame is a list of its columns.
Here the function supplied to sapply operates on each column of the data.frame.

> m <- as.data.frame(t(matrix(1:10,ncol=2)))
   V1  V2  V3  V4  V5
1   1     2    3     4    5
2    6    7    8     9   10

> sapply(m, cumsum)