[R] Reading very large text files into R

Nick Wray n|ckmwr@y @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Thu Sep 29 17:40:09 CEST 2022

Hello Ivan's suggestion of fill=T seems to do the trick.  Thanks to
everyone who piled in - I'm rather touched by the support seeing as this
was causing me a big headache with furthering my project.  I also feel
humbled by realising how little I know about the R-universe... Nick

On Thu, 29 Sept 2022 at 15:09, Ivan Krylov <krylov.r00t using gmail.com> wrote:

> В Thu, 29 Sep 2022 14:54:10 +0100
> Nick Wray <nickmwray using gmail.com> пишет:
>
> > although most lines in the text doc consist of 15 elements, every so
> > often there is a sixteenth one and R doesn’t like this and gives me
> > an error message
>
> Does the fill = TRUE argument of read.table() help?
>
> If not, could you construct and share a small file with the same kind
> of problem (16th field) but without the data one has to apply for
> access to? (E.g. cut out a few lines from the original file, then
> replace all digits.)
>
> --
> Best regards,
> Ivan