[R] "prob" package alternative

Thu Apr 6 11:15:12 CEST 2023

    > Which package in R replaced package prob?

Well, if you google that you should quickly be lead to
(something I even think makes sense to memorize as "rule"
  package=<pkg> ) :

  https://CRAN.R-project.org/package=prob

which now says that the package was archived as it depended on
another package that was archived.

Both are still there -- in the CRAN archive --
but to install them may be a bit of work particularly if you are
on Windows (as it suggeested you are via a Microsoft "add" at
the end of your R-help post ..).
One way I'd use is Winbuilder
(which will require you to set yourself as formal "Maintainer" of
 the package before submission).

An alternative may be to use Rhub ..
or then learn to do it yourself, by installing the "Rtools" (for Windows):
---> https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/

With best regards,
Martin