[R] simultaneous confidence intervals for multinomial proportions: sample size

p@i@di@i m@iii@g oii trusti@d@t@@de p@i@di@i m@iii@g oii trusti@d@t@@de
Sun Apr 9 12:46:38 CEST 2023

Hello!
I want to calculate simultaneous confidence intervals for a nominal variable with three categories: "yes", "no", "partially" and I expect that far more than 5 samples fall into each category.
I have read that Glaz & Sison's method is only appropriate for variables with 7 or more categories. Therefore, the Goodman method seems like a good idea.
I have found the R function "MultinomCI" {DescTools} to calculate these CIs.
However, I have not found a way to calculate in advance the required sample size for the Goodman method at a fixed confidence level and length of the intervall.
I would be very grateful for any suggestion.

Many thanks in advance!

Claudia

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]