[R] aborting the execution of a script...

Wed Apr 12 14:05:26 CEST 2023

On 12/04/2023 7:03 a.m., akshay kulkarni wrote:
> Dear members,
>                              I have a script which I source it interactively. I have the following questions:
>

>    1.  If there is an error in an expression, an error message is printed, but the execution continues till the end of the script. I am sourcing with echo. Is there any way to abort the execution when the first error occurs? This happens with R CMD BATCH. If there is an error midway, an error message is printed in the output file and the execution aborts. Is there a way to mimic this with source()?
>    2.  I am trying to abort the execution with ESC key, but again the same thing happens: it aborts the current expression but continues on. How to abort an R script with source()? I am using RStudio in windows.

I don't see this behaviour.  If I put this in a script:

  print(1)
  stop("here")
  print(2)

then execution stops at the "stop" line if I use source(), or R CMD
BATCH <file>, or in RStudio, Run or Source gives the same behaviour.  I
think older versions of RStudio would have run all three lines using
Run, but all the other methods have stopped at the stop() line.

Duncan Murdoch