[R] R-error

Wed Apr 12 20:04:55 CEST 2023

On Wed, 12 Apr 2023 16:04:55 +0800 (GMT+08:00)
"Dezhi Wang" <wangdezhistudy using 163.com> wrote:

> I run R 4.2.2 on CentOS-7.6.

Thank you for this useful information. Could you tell us how this build
of R was installed on this machine?

> > install.packages('sf')
> --- Please select a CRAN mirror for use in this session ---
>  *** caught segfault ***
> address 0x60, cause 'memory not mapped'
> Traceback:
>  1: download.file(url, destfile = f, quiet = TRUE)

The text error is fine, there's no need for an additional screenshot.

Can you install the R development files (in particular, I'm interested
in the debugging symbols, which must live in the R-debuginfo package,
assuming you have installed R from a package) and the GNU debugger (gdb)
on this machine? Once you have done that, run R using the command
R -d gdb, start R using the "r" command, reproduce the crash and then
post the backtrace that results from the "bt" command.

--
Best regards,
Ivan