[R] Dowland mistake

Fri Apr 14 09:39:48 CEST 2023

For Mac-specific problems, try r-sig-mac using r-project.org.

On Thu, 13 Apr 2023 23:40:47 +0300
SERKAN DİNGEÇ <serkandingec using gmail.com> wrote:

> I am having difficulty downloading the R software program to my
> macbook(ventura) personal computer.

Do you mean downloading or installation? What exactly happens when
you're having difficulties?

If it's the download that fails, ask your Internet service provider
and/or try a different mirror that may be closer to you or just
better-connected: https://cran.r-project.org/mirrors.html

> Looking at the information on your download page, I could not
> download the xquartz program separately.

R will work even without XQuartz installed (except for some functions,
notably tcltk). Again, what exactly are you doing and what exactly
happens that goes contrary to your expectations?

Follow the guide http://catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html (or at
least the R-help posting guide that you should have read before
posting, <https://www.r-project.org/posting-guide.html>) to help us
help you. It is currently impossible to give you any specific advice
based on the information you've given us so far.

--
Best regards,
Ivan