[R] Technical Help Request for "Version Differences" (i.e., CYTOFKIT package)

Fri Aug 4 18:15:40 CEST 2023

Dear Murat:

See the "posting guide" (link below) for how and what to post on this list.

I believe that in that guide it is recommended that you first update
your R version and packages to the latest versions (R 3.5 is rather
old now). You should probably reinstall R and all packages from the
main CRAN website:
https://cran.r-project.org/

Note that once you install R, you can read ?install.packages for how
to install the latest versions of all the packages you need that are
on CRAN.

Note that R and RStudio are different software products. So once R is
installed, you can download and install the packages you need from the
Posit website if you prefer, again with the latest versions.

If for some reason CRAN is not available to you or some of the
packages you need are not on CRAN(e.g. github only packages)  or won't
run on your computer, then the process will be more complicated, and
others will have to help you. CRAN has a rigorous process for assuring
compatibility of packages and R versions, so that packages not on CRAN
may not be compatible with the latest R version. All I can suggest is
that you avoid such packages **if possible** (I understand that it may
not be). You can search CRAN's "Task Views" (link on
https://cran.r-project.org/ )for alternative CRAN packages that may
have the functionality you seek.

Cheers,
Bert