[R] Noisy objective functions

Hans W hwborcher@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sun Aug 13 22:31:44 CEST 2023

Thanks, Ben.

For certain reasons, I would *not* like to apply global optimization solvers,
e.g., for reasons of higher dimensions and longer running times.
I was hoping for suggestions from the "Stochastic Programming" side.

And please, never suggest `optim` with method "SANN".
See the Optimization cheatsheet I wrote with John Nash:

    "NOTE: CG (John is the author!) and SANN are NOT recommended."
    https://github.com/hwborchers/CheatSheets/blob/main/Base%20R%20Optim%20Cheatsheet.pdf

Hans W.