[R] Problems with installing R packages from source and running C++ in R, even on fresh R installation

Wed Aug 30 18:09:36 CEST 2023

В Wed, 30 Aug 2023 14:35:48 +0000
Christophe Bousquet <chr_bousquet using protonmail.com> пишет:

> I followed your instructions and, yes, Rtools43 bash told me at the
> end "Hello world!".
>
> Do you think this is a good sign? And do you have any idea how I
> could continue to solve the issue?

It is a good sign. Your Rtools43 installation is working, but R for
some reason doesn't know about it.

What is the value of Sys.getenv('PATH'), Sys.which('make'),
Sys.which('gcc') inside a running R session? Presumably, if PATH
starts with something like

C:/rtools43/x86_64-w64-mingw32.static.posix/bin;C:/rtools43/usr/bin;

...then both Make and the compiler should be available to R. If it
doesn't, it's worth trying to prepend it there.

--
Best regards,
Ivan