[R] back tick names with predict function

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Dec 1 18:47:04 CET 2023

Also, and possibly more constructively, when you get an error like

> CI.c = predict(mod2, data.frame( `plant-density` = x), interval = 'c')  # fail
Error in eval(predvars, data, env) : object 'plant-density' not found

you should check your assumptions. Does "newdata" actually contain a columnn called "plant-density":

> head(data.frame( `plant-density` = x))
  plant.density
1      65.00000
2      65.11912
3      65.23824
4      65.35736
5      65.47648
6      65.59560

I.e., it doesn't. So check help for data.frame and looking for something with names.