[R] Volume of polygon

Wed Dec 6 06:09:12 CET 2023

The volume of a polygon  = 0.  Polyhedra  have volumes.

This may be irrelevant, but if the lake is cylindrical == constant cross
sectional area at all depths, then height doubles when the volume does and
vice versa.  Otherwise you have to know how area varies with height or use
more sensible approximations thereto.

Cheers,
Bert