[R] call: file.exists("~/.Rtk2theme") error: file name conversion problem -- name too long?

Sun Dec 17 17:27:07 CET 2023

Sorry for the double e-mail.

On Sun, 17 Dec 2023 17:25:38 +0300
Ivan Krylov <krylov.r00t using gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you at least temporarily disable OneDrive so that your Documents
> directory would be "C:\\Users\\Alipio\\Documentos"? This should keep R
> happy.

It should also work if you set the environment variable R_USER to
some ASCII-representable path:

(in cmd.exe):
> set R_USER=C:\Users\Alipio\R_USER
> "C:\Program Files\R\R-4.3.2\bin\R.exe" CMD Rgui

Please let me know if setting the environment variable helps.

I suspect that getenv() may be returning ANSI-encoded bytes even when
the UCRT locale encoding is set to UTF-8.

--
Best regards,
Ivan