[R] Help request: Parsing docx files for key words and appending to a spreadsheet

Andy ph@edru@v @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Sat Dec 30 12:57:23 CET 2023

Good idea, El - thanks.

The link is
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1QwuaWZk6tYlWQXJ3WLczxC8Cda6zVERk/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=103065135255080058813&rtpof=true&sd=true

This is helpful.

 From the article, which is typical of Lexis+ output, I want to extract
the following fields and append to a Calc/ Excel spreadsheet. Given the
volume of articles I have to work through, if this can be iterative and
semi-automatic, that would be a god send and I might be able to do some
actual research on the articles before I reach my pensionable age. :-)

Title
Newspaper
Date
Section and page number
Length
Byline
Subject (only if the threshold of coverage for a specific subject is
 >=50% is reached (e.g. Greenwashing (51%)) - if not, enter 'nil' and
move onto the next article in the folder

This is the ambition. I am clearly a long way short of that though.

Many thanks.
Andy