[R] Removing variables from data frame with a wile card

Steven Yen @tyen @end|ng |rom ntu@edu@tw
Mon Feb 13 03:38:00 CET 2023

x[“V2”] would retain columns of x headed by V2. What I need is the opposite——I need a data grime with those columns excluded.

Steven from iPhone

> On Feb 13, 2023, at 9:33 AM, Rolf Turner <r.turner using auckland.ac.nz> wrote:
>

>> On Sun, 12 Feb 2023 14:57:36 -0800
>> Jeff Newmiller <jdnewmil using dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote:
>>
>> x["V2"]
>>
>> is more efficient than using drop=FALSE, and perfectly normal syntax
>> (data frames are lists of columns).
>
> <SNIP>
>
> I never cease to be amazed by the sagacity and perspicacity of the
> designers of R.  I  would have worried that x["V2"] would turn out to be
> a *list* (of length 1), but no, it retains the data.frame class, which
> is clearly the Right Thing To Do.
>
> cheers,
>
> Rolf
>
> --
> Honorary Research Fellow
> Department of Statistics
> University of Auckland
> Stats. Dep't. phone: +64-9-373-7599 ext. 89622
> Home phone: +64-9-480-4619

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]