[R] return value of {....}

Mon Jan 9 17:29:41 CET 2023

Unless you do something special within a function, only the value(s)
returned are available to the caller. That is the essence of
functional-type programming languages.

You need to read up on (function) environments in R . You can search on
this. ?function and its links also contain useful information, but it may
too terse to be explicable to you. There are of course many available
references on the internet.

I believe your mental model for how R works is flawed, and you have some
homework to do to correct it. I may be wrong, naturally, but you can judge
by looking at some tutorials.

-- Bert