[R] Background for word

Boris Steipe bor|@@@te|pe @end|ng |rom utoronto@c@
Thu Jan 12 08:17:15 CET 2023

It's a new editor feature: see the release notes:

https://dailies.rstudio.com/version/2022.12.0+353.pro20/
• Code editor can show previews of color in strings (R named colors e.g. “tomato3” or of the forms “#rgb”, “#rrggbb”, “#rrggbbaa”) when Options > Code > Display > [ ] enable preview of named and hexadecimal colors is checked.

You can turn it off in the global preferences if it bothers you.
Tools > Global Options ... > Code > Display ... there is the checkbox mentioned above

I like it, it's really useful to set up colour ramps.

Cheers,
Boris