[R] as.factor and floating point numbers

Andrew Simmons @kw@|mmo @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Jan 25 10:13:08 CET 2023

R converts floats to strings with ~15 digits of accuracy, specifically
to avoid differentiating between 1 and 1 + .Machine$double.eps, it is
assumed that small differences such as this are due to rounding errors
and are unimportant.

So, if when making your factor, you want all digits, you could write
this: `as.factor(format(x, digits = 17L))`