[R] question

Carolyn J Miller cjm|||04 @end|ng |rom @yr@edu
Tue Jan 31 15:52:11 CET 2023

Thank you!

Carolyn J. Miller
M.S. Student, Ecology
SUNY-ESF, Environmental Biology

________________________________
From: Ebert,Timothy Aaron <tebert using ufl.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, January 31, 2023 9:50 AM
To: Carolyn J Miller <cjmill04 using syr.edu>; PIKAL Petr <petr.pikal using precheza.cz>; r-help using r-project.org <r-help using r-project.org>
Subject: RE: question

As indicated here: https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/compute-the-correlation-coefficient-value-between-two-vectors-in-r-programming-cor-function/

The cor() function needs two vectors. The only way that works is if you are looking at the correlation between �Month� and �Cort.�

If you interested in the correlation between  Cort measured in month 3 versus month 12 then you are not getting the right answer.

Animal ID is not relevant in this analysis (as presented).

The animals that have been measured twice would be a repeated measures analysis (by default) unless there is some reason to suspect that the six month lag is too long for an outcome in month 3 to influence the outcome in month 12. The remaining animals are an experimental design for avoiding a repeated measures analysis. This would be something like a t-test to determine if the animals in Month 3 are different than Month 12.

Tim