[R] Off-topic: ChatGPT Code Interpreter

Mon Jul 17 20:46:15 CEST 2023

This is an **off-topic** post about the subject line, that I thought
might be of interest to the R Community. I hope this does not offend
anyone.

The widely known ChatGPT software now offers what  is called a "Code
Interpreter," that, among other things, purports to do "data
analysis."  (Search for articles with details.) One quote, from the
(online) NY Times, is:

"Arvind Narayanan, a professor of computer science at Princeton
University, cautioned that people should not become overly reliant on
code interpreter for data analysis as A.I. still produces inaccurate
results and misinformation.

'Appropriate data analysis requires just a lot of critical thinking
about the data,” he said.' "

Amen. ... Maybe.

(As this is off-topic, if you wish to reply to me, probably better to
do so privately).

Cheers to all,
Bert