[R] Off-topic: ChatGPT Code Interpreter

Tue Jul 18 07:21:02 CEST 2023

Às 00:23 de 18/07/2023, Jim Lemon escreveu:
> I haven't really focused on the statistical capabilities of AI, that
> marriage of massive memory and associative learning. I am impressed by
> its ability to perform text-to-image conversion, something I have
> recently needed. My artistic ability is that of the average three year
> old, yet I can employ AI to translate my mental images into realistic
> pictures. Perhaps we really are learning about how we think. As far as
> I am aware, it just does what we tell it to do. Like other tools, it
> is as good or bad as the user.
>
> Jim

Hello,

Also off-topic but the date is fun:

A system is not a head.
Furniture is not people.
All processes and all devices,
will be useless for organizations,
if the heads of the individuals who employ them,
are not properly organized.
And these heads will be organized,
if the same part of the boss's body that directs them
is properly organized.
Just like you can write nonsense
with a latest model typewriter,
nonsense can also be done
with the most perfect systems and devices
meant to help you not to.
Systems, processes, furniture, machines,
are purely auxiliary elements.
The real process is to think.
The fundamental machine is intelligence.

Fernando Pessoa, 1926

Revista de Comércio e Contabilidade, nº 4. Lisboa, 25-4-1926.
(Magazine of Commerce and Accounting, nº 4. Lisbon, 25-4-1926)

Rui Barradas