[R] Downloading a directory of text files into R

Bob Green bgreen @end|ng |rom dy@on@br|@net@org@@u
Wed Jul 26 00:06:07 CEST 2023

Hello,

I am seeking advice as to how I can download the 833 files from this
site:"http://home.brisnet.org.au/~bgreen/Data/"

I want to be able to download them to perform a textual analysis.

If the 833 files, which are in a Directory with two subfolders were
on my computer I could read them through readtext. Using readtext I
get the error:

 > x = readtext("http://home.brisnet.org.au/~bgreen/Data/*")
Error in download_remote(file, ignore_missing, cache, verbosity) :
   Remote URL does not end in known extension. Please download the
file manually.

 > x = readtext("http://home.brisnet.org.au/~bgreen/Data/Dir/()")
Error in download_remote(file, ignore_missing, cache, verbosity) :
   Remote URL does not end in known extension. Please download the
file manually.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Bob