[R] rgl not plotting properly

Fri May 5 10:45:54 CEST 2023

On 05/05/2023 2:24 a.m., Jiayue Wang wrote:
> Hi
>
> I can't get rgl working. I installed rgl, loaded it, but it seems all
> plot3d codes have failed:
>
> remotes::install_github("dmurdoch/rgl")
> library(rgl)
> open3d()
> x <- sort(rnorm(1000))
> y <- rnorm(1000)
> z <- rnorm(1000) + atan2(x, y)
> plot3d(x, y, z, col = rainbow(1000))
>
> I see no plotting at all. Am I missing some important system library or
> whatever? I'm using Linux Mint 23. Thanks!

If you install the version from CRAN, do you get the same results?

rgl needs X11 on your system.  Do other programs using it work, e.g. try
running "glxgears" at the terminal, and try running
"tcltk::tktoplevel()" in R.

BTW, this list isn't for contributed package support, so if it turns out
that only rgl is failing, it may be best to move the discussion to
https://github.com/dmurdoch/rgl/issues .

Duncan Murdoch