[R] mclapply enters into an infinite loop....

akshay kulkarni @k@h@y_e4 @end|ng |rom hotm@||@com
Wed May 17 00:10:45 CEST 2023

Dear members,
                         I am using arfima in an mclapply construction (from the parallel package):

Browse[2]> LYG <- mclapply(LYGH, FUN = arfima, mc.cores = detectCores())
^C
Browse[2]> LYG <- mclapply(LYGH[1:10], FUN = arfima, mc.cores = detectCores())
^C
Browse[2]> LYG <- mclapply(LYGH[1:2], FUN = arfima, mc.cores = detectCores())
^C

You can see that I am aborting the execution of mclapply. It doesn't finish even if I reduce the elements to be iterated over to 2. Why is it entering an infinite loop?

Please exhort me if this is to be posted in HPC list.

THanking you,
Yours sincerely,
ALSHAY M KULKARNI

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]