[R] Installing df2genind version clash?

Adriaan de Jong Adr|@@n@de@Jong @end|ng |rom @|u@@e
Tue May 23 13:41:05 CEST 2023

Dear list members,
I want to install the df2genind package to create a genind-class object for adegenet. Despite recent updates of R (now version R 4.3.0) and RStudio (now version 2023-03-1 Build 446), I get the following warning/error message:

> install.packages("df2genind")
Installing package into ‘C:/Users/adjo/AppData/Local/R/win-library/4.3’
(as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
Warning in install.packages :
  package ‘df2genind’ is not available for this version of R

A version of this package for your version of R might be available elsewhere,
see the ideas at
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/r-patched/R-admin.html#Installing-packages

In an earlier attempt to install df2genind, I was notified that the installation required the presence of RTools. After installation of RTools43 from https://cran.r-project.org/bin/windows/Rtools/rtools43/rtools.html and successive attempt to necessary rerouting (writeLines('PATH="${RTOOLS43_HOME}\\usr\\bin;${PATH}"', con = "~/.Renviron")) plus restart, I hoped the road was cleared. Apparently it is not.

In section 6.3 in the reference in the error message, the following code is suggested for information about package availability (I changed the package name).

av <- available.packages(filters=list())
av[av[, "Package"] == df2genind, ]

Running these lines generates the "object 'df2genind' not found" error message.

Any hints to get me out of this catch 22 situation would be much appreciated.
Have a nice day,
Adjan

---
När du skickar e-post till SLU så innebär detta att SLU behandlar dina personuppgifter. För att läsa mer om hur detta går till, klicka här <https://www.slu.se/om-slu/kontakta-slu/personuppgifter/>