[R] Code editor for writing R code

Eric Berger er|cjberger @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Wed Nov 29 19:29:03 CET 2023

Bert,
Posit (formerly RStudio) has moved from RMarkdown to Quarto. They
still support RMarkdown but major new features will be in Quarto. For
new users a better choice would be Quarto.
See https://quarto.org/docs/faq/rmarkdown.html

Secondly, the OP stated he was using the VS-Code IDE, so there is no
reason to point him to the Posit/RStudio IDE for this functionality
which VS-Code supports very well (as I noted in my response.)

Best,
Eric