[R] Code editor for writing R code

Thu Nov 30 11:02:07 CET 2023

В Wed, 29 Nov 2023 21:27:37 +0530
Christofer Bogaso <bogaso.christofer using gmail.com> пишет:

> Does there exist any Code editor for R, that allows me to write Latex
> in comments?

While I cannot guarantee that you'll like it, may I suggest GNU Emacs?
Its R support is provided by the ESS package
<https://ess.r-project.org/>, and there's the 'texfrag' package
<https://emacs.stackexchange.com/a/33959> for rendering LaTeX math from
the comments.

In many ways, VS Code is the continuation of the Emacs idea of an
infinitely configurable programmer's text editor [*], although you will
immediately notice major differences in the design decisions taken by
their respective developers. In particular, Emacs key-bindings predate
not only the IBM CUA standard which inspired today's user interfaces,
but many of the mailing list members themselves.

--
Best regards,
Ivan

[*] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zawinski's_law#Zawinski's_Law