[R] download.file strict certificate revocation check

John Neset John@Ne@et @end|ng |rom nor|d|@n@com
Wed Oct 4 15:09:47 CEST 2023

What/how do I interact with the download.file with turning off the strict certificate revocation check in regards to download & update packages?
I clearly made an attempt at this, but failed miserably.

Trying to do this, reference FAQ-
2.18 The Internet download functions fail.
(c) A MITM proxy (typically in enterprise environments) makes it impossible to validate that certificates haven't been revoked. One can switch to only best effort revocation checks via an environment variable: see ?download.file.
Confidentiality Notice - This communication and any atta...{{dropped:10}}