[R] annotate

Paul Murrell p@u| @end|ng |rom @t@t@@uck|@nd@@c@nz
Fri Oct 6 03:47:23 CEST 2023

Hi

You could use the 'gggrid' package, which gets you access to other
coordinate systems.  For example, the following places the text labels
2mm above the (centres of the) data points (bottom-justified) ...

library(gggrid)

labels <- function(data, coords) {
     textGrob(data$label,
              coords$x,
              unit(coords$y, "npc") + unit(2, "mm"),
              just="bottom")
}

ggplot(faithful, aes(x = eruptions, y = waiting)) +
     geom_point(shape=21, size=3, fill="orange") +
     geom_hline(yintercept = 92) +
     grid_panel(labels,
                data = above_92,
                mapping = aes(x = eruptions, y = waiting,
                              label = waiting)) +
     theme_cowplot()

Hope that helps.

Paul