[R] Fwd: r-stats: Geometric Distribution

Sahil Sharma @@h||@h@rm@h|m@|@y@ @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Tue Oct 17 08:42:05 CEST 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Sahil Sharma <sahilsharmahimalaya using gmail.com>
Date: Tue, Oct 17, 2023 at 12:10 PM
Subject: r-stats: Geometric Distribution
To: <do-use-Contact-address using r-project.org>

Hey I want to raise one issue in *r-stats **geometric distribution *
function.

I have found the dgeom(x,p) which denotes probability density function of
geometric distribution, is not reducing 1 from x.

The original formula for Geometric Distribution PDF is *((1-p)^x-1)*P*.
However, the current r function *dgeom(x, p)* is doing this: *((1-p)^x)*P, *it
is not reducing 1 from x.

I don't know whether this it is kept as it is intentionally, but I thought
of just informing you, in case it's an error, so you can correct it.

Thanks.

	[[alternative HTML version deleted]]