[R] The argument 'eps.Pvalue' of `printCoefmat()`

Mon Oct 30 12:06:53 CET 2023

    > On 29/10/2023 3:48 a.m., Shu Fai Cheung wrote:
    >> Hi all,
    >>
    >> Just a minor issue that I am not sure whether this is
    >> considered a "bug." It is about the help page.
    >>
    >> In the help page of printCoefmat(), for the argument
    >> 'eps.Pvalue', the description is as below:
    >>
    >> number, ..
    >>
    >> I have to read the source to figure out that this
    >> argument is to be used by format.pval().
    >>
    >> Maybe the description of 'eps.Pvalue' can be revised to
    >> refer users to the help page of format.pval()?

    > That looks like an oversight by the author of the help
    > page.  It's been there for at least 20 years!

    > Duncan Murdoch

indeed "!"  -- my fault.

Note that at the R sprint 2023,  printCoefmat() has been one of
the small topics
     https://contributor.r-project.org/r-project-sprint-2023/projects/tweak-printCoefmat/

on which we hoped to make progress -- also prompted by your (Shu
Fai) good question, on this list,
  https://stat.ethz.ch/pipermail/r-help/2023-July/477688.html

on how to improve the details of the  `zap.ind` setting.

Whereas the R sprint project lead to some investigations, but
unfortunately did not yet lead to improve the code generally
... even though we *did* try some changes, but IIRC they all had
their flaws and hence were not good enough to warrant a change
of code.

So, for now, we should at least change that part of the help
page -- finally!

Martin