[R] Regarding error in RStudio

Wed Sep 6 10:08:52 CEST 2023

    > Hi, I am Sukriti Sood, a research analyst at Woodstock
    > Institute <https://woodstockinst.org/> . I use RStudio
    > extensively for our analysis. I have been facing two
    > issues for a while:

    >   1.  I am unable to copy from RStudio and paste into or
    > vice versa to any other programs.  2.  I am facing some
    > kind of a conversion error (screenshot attached).

    > I tried looking up online however could not find a
    > resolution to these issues. Could I please get some help
    > with this urgently.

    > Thanks!

    > Best, Sukriti Sood

Dear Sukriti.

Hmm, the R-help list is really about R, and *not* RStudio.
There are RStudio community places to ask for help with the IDE,
"RStudio Desktop" I think it is called now.

Also screenshots of R console output are really not intended for
this mailing list.  Please rather send *text* to here which you
cut'n'paste (and possible re-format / clean)  from the R console.

Still taking the extra effort and deciphering your screenshot,
I see that you are using R version 4.3.1 for Windows .. which is
fine... then an  iconv() conversion error and an other error
message that "knitr" was not found; finally

[Workspace loaded from C:/WSI/.RData]

Please rename this file, C:/WSI/.RData , to something else
(do this with the file browser from Windows; outside R).

If that does not help, try to start R outside of RStudio,
and report here (*not* by a screenshot) if you still get an
error.
If you get to the R prompt at all please also send the console
output from (typing in the R console)
  > sessionInfo()

If  R  works fine outside RStudio,  you definitely need to get
help from the RStudio community.
Hoping that helps some steps further.

Best regards,
Martin