[R] prop.trend.test

peter dalgaard pd@|gd @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 8 11:06:32 CEST 2023

Yes, this was written a bit bone-headed (as I am allowed to say...)

If you look at the code, you will see inside:

    a <- anova(lm(freq ~ score, data = list(freq = x/n, score = as.vector(score)),
        weights = w))

and the lm() inside should give you the direction via the sign of the regression coefficient on "score".

So, at least for now, you could just doctor a copy of the code for your own purposes, as in

 fit <- lm(freq ~ score, data = list(freq = x/n, score = as.vector(score)),
        weights = w)
 a <- anova(fit)

and arrange to return coef(fit)["score"] at the end. Something like structure(... estimate=c(lpm.slope=coef(fit)["score"]) ....)

(I expect that you might also extract the t-statistic from coef(summary(fit)) and find that it is the signed square root of the Chi-square, but I won't have time to test that just now.)

-pd