[R] RQuantLib installation problem

David Winsemius dw|n@em|u@ @end|ng |rom comc@@t@net
Sun Sep 24 23:29:43 CEST 2023

On 9/24/23 08:23, Ivan Krylov wrote:
> On Sun, 24 Sep 2023 02:19:20 +0000
> Naresh Gurbuxani <naresh_gurbuxani using hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>> install.packages("RQuantLib", repos = "https://cran.r-project.org")
>> Installing package into ‘/usr/local/lib/R/4.1/site-library’
>> (as ‘lib’ is unspecified)
>> trying URL
>> 'https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/RQuantLib_0.4.17.tar.gz'

Ivan is undoubtedly more knowledgeable on these matters than I, but I
noticed that you are trying to install the current version of RQuantLib
into a library that appears associated with a significantly older
version of R than is current the current version. (And I second the
advice that this is a question properly addressed to the R_SIG-mac
mailing list but only with a much better description of version of your
setup and how R was installed. You might want to install RQuantLib for a
time frame that matched R 4.1.x. The archive is here:

https://cran.r-project.org/src/contrib/00Archive/RQuantLib/

You may also want to set the compile flags so that R can find your
version of gfortran. That can be done within install.packages but most
experts would prefer that you do it from a system terminal session with
$ R CMD INSTALL. You can find details at the r help page `

?INSTALL -- David