[R] lattice densityplot with weights

Deepayan Sarkar deep@y@n@@@rk@r @end|ng |rom gm@||@com
Fri Sep 29 16:56:06 CEST 2023

Yes, the following should (mostly) work:

lattice::densityplot(~ x, mydf, groups = name, weights = wt,
    auto.key = list(space = "inside"), grid = TRUE)

I just realised that the 'subdensity' and 'warnWbw' arguments are not
passed through by densityplot(), so there is no way to get rid of the
corresponding warnings. But this should be OK otherwise.

On Fri, 29 Sept 2023 at 10:35, Bert Gunter <bgunter.4567 using gmail.com> wrote:

> Unless I misunderstand...
>
> See ?panel.densityplot
>
> Lattice functions do their work through a host of panel functions,
> typically passing their ... arguments to the panel functions.
> panel.densityplot has a weights argument.

'weights' needs a bit more work because it has to do NSE like
'groups', but other than that, yes. The ?densityplot help page
documents the 'weight' argument.

Best,
-Deepayan