[R] Grouping by Date and showing count of failures by date

Sat Sep 30 13:02:48 CEST 2023

Às 21:29 de 29/09/2023, Paul Bernal escreveu:
> Dear friends,
>
> Hope you are doing great. I am attaching the dataset I am working with
> because, when I tried to dput() it, I was not able to copy the entire
> result from dput(), so I apologize in advance for that.
>
> I am interested in creating a column named Failure_Date_Period that has the
> FAILDATE but formatted as YYYY_MM. Then I want to count the number of
> failures (given by column WONUM) and just have a dataframe that has the
> FAILDATE and the count of WONUM.
>
> I tried this:
> pt <- PivotTable$new()
> pt$addData(failuredf)
> pt$addColumnDataGroups("FAILDATE")
> pt <- PivotTable$new()
> pt$addData(failuredf)
> pt$addColumnDataGroups("FAILDATE")
> pt$defineCalculation(calculationName = "FailCounts",
> summariseExpression="n()")
> pt$renderPivot()
>
> but I was not successful. Bottom line, I need to create a new dataframe
> that has the number of failures by FAILDATE, but in YYYY-MM format.
>
> Any help and/or guidance will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Kind regards,
> Paul
Hello,

No data is attached. Maybe try

dput(head(failuredf, 30))

?

And where can we find non-base PivotTable? Please start the scripts with
calls to library() when using non-base functionality.

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

--
Este e-mail foi analisado pelo software antivírus AVG para verificar a presença de vírus.
www.avg.com