[R] How to set the correct libomp for R

Ivan Krylov |kry|ov @end|ng |rom d|@root@org
Mon Apr 8 11:13:45 CEST 2024

В Mon, 8 Apr 2024 10:29:53 +0200
gernophil--- via R-help <r-help using r-project.org> пишет:

> I have some weird issue with using multithreaded data.table in macOS
> and I am trying to figure out, if it’s connected to my libomp.dylib.
> I started using libomp as stated here:
> https://mac.r-project.org/openmp/

Does the behaviour change if you temporarily move away
/usr/local/lib/libomp.dylib?

> P.S.: If you need some more details about the actual issue with
> data.table you can also check here
> (https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/issues/14517) and here
> (https://github.com/Rdatatable/data.table/issues/5957)

The debugger may be able to shed more light on the problem than just
"yes, this is due to OpenMP":
https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/issues/14517#issuecomment-2040231196

When you reproduce the crash, what does the backtrace say?

--
Best regards,
Ivan