[R] Building R-4,3,3 fails

Ivan Krylov |kry|ov @end|ng |rom d|@root@org
Mon Apr 8 20:38:59 CEST 2024

Hello Rich,

В Mon, 8 Apr 2024 11:32:43 -0700 (PDT)
Rich Shepard <rshepard using appl-ecosys.com> пишет:

> I've been building R versions for years with no issues. Now I'm
> trying to build R-4.3.3 on Slackware64-15.0 (fully patched) with
> TeXLive2024 (fully patched) installed. The error occurs building a
> vignette.

Questions about building R do get asked here and R-devel. Since you're
compiling a released version of R and we don't have an R-SIG-Slackware
mailing list, R-help sounds like the right place.

What are the last lines of the build log, containing the error message?
If it's a LaTeX error, it may be that you need some extra TeX Live
packages, there is a list in R-admin:
https://cran.r-project.org/doc/manuals/R-admin.html#Making-the-manuals

--
Best regards,