[R] gathering denominator under frac

Fri Feb 2 12:05:47 CET 2024

Às 10:01 de 02/02/2024, Troels Ring escreveu:
> Hi friends - I'm plotting a ratio of bicarbonates i ggplot2 and
>
> ylab(expression(paste(frac("additive BIC","true BIC")))) worked OK - but
> now I have been asked to put the chemistry instead - so I wrote
>
>   ylab(expression(paste(frac("additive",HCO[3]^"-","true",HCO[3]^"-"))))
> - and frac saw that as additive = numerator and HCO3- = denominator and
> the rest was ignored-
>
> So how do I make frac ignore the first ","  and print the fraction as I
> want?
>

> All best wishes
> Troels

Hello,

This seems to work. Instead of separating the two numerator strings with
a comma, separate them with a tilde. The same goes for the denominator.
And there is no need for double quotes around "additive" and "true".

library(ggplot2)

g <- ggplot(iris, aes(Sepal.Length, Sepal.Width, color = Species)) +
   geom_point()

g + ylab(expression(paste(frac(
   additive~HCO[3]^"-",
   true~HCO[3]^"-"
))))

Hope this helps,

Rui Barradas

--
Este e-mail foi analisado pelo software antivírus AVG para verificar a presença de vírus.
www.avg.com