[R] ggarrange & legend

Ebert,Timothy Aaron tebert @end|ng |rom u||@edu
Mon Feb 5 15:19:32 CET 2024

Would something like this help?
library(ggplot2)

# Create a plot
p <- ggplot(mtcars, aes(x = wt, y = mpg)) +
  geom_point() +
  labs(title = "Scatter Plot", x = "Weight", y = "Miles Per Gallon")

# Add text at a specific location
p + annotate("text", x = min(mtcars$wt) + 23, y = max(mtcars$mpg) - 10, label = "Custom Text")

Tim

-----Original Message-----
From: R-help <r-help-bounces using r-project.org> On Behalf Of SIBYLLE STÖCKLI via R-help
Sent: Monday, February 5, 2024 8:43 AM
To: 'John Kane' <jrkrideau using gmail.com>
Cc: r-help using r-project.org
Subject: Re: [R] ggarrange & legend

[External Email]

Dear John Kane

Dear R community

Here my working example

1.      Example that is working with legend="top". However, as mentioned, the legend is in the middle of the top axis.

mylist<-list(p1, p2)

dev.new(width=28, height=18)

fig1<- ggarrange(plotlist=mylist, common.legend = TRUE, legend="top", labels = c("(A)", "(B)"), font.label = list(size = 18, color = "black"), ncol=2)

fig1

2.      My question is how I can position the legend on the topright of the top axis. However, "topright" is not a common label for legend in ggarrange (but in other plot functions), so legend ="topright" is not working.

mylist<-list(p1, p2)

dev.new(width=28, height=18)

fig1<- ggarrange(plotlist=mylist, common.legend = TRUE, legend="topright", labels = c("(A)", "(B)"), font.label = list(size = 18, color = "black"), ncol=2)

fig1

Kind regards

Sibylle