[R] Rtools and things dependent on it

Sorkin, John j@ork|n @end|ng |rom @om@um@ry|@nd@edu
Sat Feb 24 03:19:38 CET 2024

David,

I greatly appreciate the explanation you gave regarding R tools providing tools available in Linux distros, but not found in Windows. (I am using a windows system). Does this mean that Linux users don't need to use R tools when they want to compile R code?

Additionally, thank you for the information about what I should read. I will look at the material again, and hopefully things the material you suggest I read will be more understandable.

John

P.S. This email should be in txt format, not html. I sent if from my desktop windows machine which provides more options than does my iPhone.

John David Sorkin M.D., Ph.D.
Professor of Medicine, University of Maryland School of Medicine;
Associate Director for Biostatistics and Informatics, Baltimore VA Medical Center Geriatrics Research, Education, and Clinical Center;
PI Biostatistics and Informatics Core, University of Maryland School of Medicine Claude D. Pepper Older Americans Independence Center;
Senior Statistician University of Maryland Center for Vascular Research;

Division of Gerontology and Paliative Care,
10 North Greene Street
GRECC (BT/18/GR)
Baltimore, MD 21201-1524
Cell phone 443-418-5382