SV: [R-gui] Editor in R

Søren Højsgaard Soren.Hojsgaard at agrsci.dk
Wed Apr 7 11:31:30 CEST 2004

Dear all,
Thanks for the replies on creating a plain simple editor for the beginners use of R. There seems to be many opinions on this subject, and that is very stimulating. Based on the replies I have made such a small editor (using tcltk) called "R Mini Commander", rmc(), and it can be found at

http://www.jbs.agrsci.dk/~sorenh/Misc/Misc.html

It is a first simple shot, and it could certainly be improved by
- syntax highlighting
- parenthesis matching
- scroll bars
- and numerous other things

-- but it works, and I believe that the agronomists, biologists and even veterinarians can get it up and running. Comments are most appreciated.

Best regards
Søren Højsgaard