[R-gui] Deducer 0.1 Released

Liviu Andronic landronimirc at gmail.com
Sun Aug 9 11:36:20 CEST 2009

Dear Ian,

On 8/3/09, Ian Fellows <ifellows at ucsd.edu> wrote:
>    I'd appreciate any feedback or bugs. I'm particularly interested in
> experiences using it from within non-JGR GUI's, and under Linux. If any of

I can confirm that cran2deb binaries of Deducer and deps install and
run fine on Debian Squeeze (testing). Several comments below:
- As reported recently on JGR, Deducer does not understand variables
of class Date and treats them as Double. Logical is treated as
expected.
- I encountered GUI slow-downs when viewing moderately large data
frames (dim = c(30000, 30)); there are none such when using JGR's Data
editor.
- Although it seems a good idea to make them smaller, the NAs are
barely perceptible here. Might make sense to slightly increase the
font, but this is mostly a matter of taste.

Thank you for the release,
Liviu