[R-sig-QA] R "Validation" on the R-SIG-QA mailing list?

Martin Maechler maechler at stat.math.ethz.ch
Tue May 6 09:12:06 CEST 2003

You probably have followed at least peripherally Jim Garret's
initiative (on R-help) to form a group of R users interested in
"validation" of R in the sense of "Software validation" that big
companies, particularly pharmaceuticals, use.

He and I know that this a bit different from the original idea
of the R-SIG-QA list -- but then, this list has been dormant (to
put it positively) for such a long time that I wonder if the
"validation" crowd (12 people) shouldn't join this list and
bring it to life.

If I don't hear protests within the next 6 hours, I'll do the
change (the only 6 people on our list now all live in western
Europe).

Martin