[R-sig-QA] wiki update, and documenting R development processes

Jim_Garrett at bd.com Jim_Garrett at bd.com
Wed May 14 18:37:39 CEST 2003

Wiki update:  Warner Engl has added some regulatory guidelines in the
"FDARegulations" area (which is now not FDA-specific!).  I've just entered
a lengthy review of the British guidance he contributed.  Please feel free
to edit my review with your own comments; the wiki is at

http://software.biostat.washington.edu/wikis/rvalid/FrontPage

I've only read closely this one document, but it's already evident that
written procedures are going to be very important.  Corporations using R
will be looking for a formal "quality system" including a document control
system, and documents specifying the development process (Standard
Operating Procedures).  I know that the R team *has* some standard
procedures.  Are there documents specifying these procedures?

I would like to invite anyone who knows, especially members of the
development team, to find any such documents that may exist, and if
documents describing standard processes don't exist, could someone please
contribute descriptions of these processes?

Thanks!

-Jim