[BioC] contributing packages

A.J. Rossini rossini@u.washington.edu
20 Aug 2002 12:26:40 -0700

>>>>> "david" == David R Bickel <dbickel@mail.mcg.edu> writes:

    david> What is the mechanism for contributing an R package to Bioconductor? I would
    david> like information on license agreements, an email address to send the source
    david> code to, and any other guidelines. I could not find that information on the
    david> web site. Thank you for your assistance.

I think it depends on what you intend to do.  Contribution of a single
package, to be put on the can be done provided that it passes
"muster":

1. an open source license must be used
2. contains a vignette written in SWeave describing usage.
3. should be using the Biobase tools or other S4 classes when
   appropriate.

-------------- from the FAQ ---------------
How can I create a Bioconductor compliant package?

This is very simple. Your package must pass R's CMD check process
without warnings or errors. It must work with the current version of R
(this will be a number no less than R 1.5). It must contain a
directory inst/docs that contains LaTeX documentation of your
package. The documentation here is intended to describe the over all
functionality of your package. This is separate and in addition to
documenting the functions in your package in the standard way.

It would be nice if you used some of the Bioconductor classes and
methods. Especially those in the Biobase and annotate packages.

Feel free to post more questions, if any remain.

--
A.J. Rossini				Rsrch. Asst. Prof. of Biostatistics
U. of Washington Biostatistics		rossini@u.washington.edu