[BioC] Swirl Data

Jason Skelton jps@sanger.ac.uk
Fri, 6 Dec 2002 11:39:57 +0000 (GMT)

Hi
I'm having difficulty with accessing the swirl(zebrafish) data
from the document about Bioconductor's marrayNorm package
(Dudoit, Yang Aug 2002)
I get the following message when I use the maCompPlate command

Creating a new generic function for "plot" in package
.GlobalEnv
> data(swirl)
> maPlate(swirl) <-- maCompPlate(swirl, n = 384)
Error in factor(z, levels = 1:nlevels(x), labels = levels(x)) :
        invalid labels; length 0 should be 1 or 2
In addition: Warning message:
"-" not meaningful for factors in: Ops.factor(maCompPlate(swirl, n = 384))

> swirl.norm <-- maNormMain(swirl, f.loc = list(maNormLoess(x = "maA",
+ y = "maM", z = "maPrintTip", w = NULL, subset = TRUE, span = 0.4)),
+ f.scale = NULL, a.loc = maCompNormEq(), a.scale = maCompNormEq(),
+ Mloc = TRUE, Mscale = TRUE, echo = FALSE)

Error in -maNormMain(swirl, f.loc = list(maNormLoess(x = "maA", y = "maM",
: Invalid argument to unary operator

I recently down loaded R and Bioconductor
Using the Bioconductor Release 1.1 (Bioconductor_1.1.tar.gz)

however I've used it in the past with no problem by downloading the
marrayNorm, Classes, Input tar files seperately with no problem

Would this problem be due to the program or the way I've installed it ?
Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks

Jason