[BioC] Filtering from Affy

Michael Benjamin msb1129@bellsouth.net
Wed, 11 Dec 2002 13:47:50 -0500

Hello-

I have Affymetrix .cel files that I have read into R using the affy
package.  I am able to do normalization, transformation, and even
cluster analysis.  I cannot figure out how to do gene filtering
operations-how do I tell R which samples I am interested in comparing to
which other samples?  I have two duplicate experiments that are vector
controls, two duplicate experiments that are virally transfected, and
one experiment that is the parental cell line.  How do I compare
differential gene expression between the vector controls and the virally
transfected cell lines, for example?

Thanks,
Michael Benjamin, MD

	[[alternate HTML version deleted]]