[BioC] Re: Installing R with g77 fortran compiler

Anna Tsykin anna_tsykin@yahoo.com
Mon, 3 Jun 2002 12:52:08 +1000 (EST)

> Hello,

> I am trying to compile sources of R-1.5.0 on a Mandrake 8.1 linux
box.
> For Fortran compiler needs, I downloaded and installed a g77 rpm. But
> the configure step fails with following output. I would like to know
> if any of you had similar problem and how you solved.

I am using R-1.5.0 on a Mandrake 8.1 box and also had problems with a
Fortran compiler several months ago.  I no longer remember the details
but I needed to install an additional g77 module.  My software manager
lists two installed packages: egcs-g77 and gcc3.0-g77 and I do seem to
be running g77 version 3.0.1.  These packages are part of the
distribution.  Anyhow, you may not need to compile the sources, CRAN
has precompiled binaries for Mandrake 8.1 which work well.  I hope this
helps.

Anna Tsykin
MAG, Adelaide, Australia
http://mag.maths.adelaide.edu.au

http://www.sold.com.au - The Sold.com.au Big Brand Sale
- New PCs, notebooks, digital cameras, phones and more ... Sale ends June 12